Munich is introducing a slew of new updates during the EICMA international motorcycle show in Milano.
BMW Motorrad presents the new BMW R nineT Scrambler, a motorcycle which revives the Scrambler era in a very special way. It has everything that defines this motorcycle type, filled with a very distinct spirit and created for motorcycle fans who love things that are purist, reduced to the essentials and non-conformist - combined with the technology and quality of a BMW. Together with the R nineT Roadster, the BMW Scrambler establishes the new BMW Motorrad Heritage world of experience.
The new BMW R nineT Scrambler press release offers these features:
- Purist design.
- Classic colour concept.
- Stitched seat in patinised leather look.
- Workmanship with great attention to detail.
- Air/oil-cooled 2-cylinder boxer engine with a capacity of 1170 cc. Output 81 kW (110 hp) at 7 750 rpm, maximum torque of 116 Nm at 6 000 rpm.
- Designed to be customised.
- Modular frame concept with removable passenger frame offering a range of variations.
- Classic wheel suspension by means of telescopic fork at front and Paralever at rear.
- Large 19-inch front wheel as is typical of a Scrambler.
- Upright seating position in classic Scrambler style.
- Raised exhaust fitted close to the body with twin silencer.
- Axially mounted 4-piston brake calipers, steel-wrapped brake lines,
320-millimetre brake discs and ABS.
- Individually tailored special accessories in the familiar high quality typical of BMW Motorrad.
A totally new machine introduced recently is the BMW G310R. This entry-level roadster is built in India and offers a 313cc thumper for power. The cylinder is canted backwards and offers 34 HP at 9400 RPM. Though obviouysly a low end unit (for BMW anyway) the feature list is pretty impressive. For example, ABS is standard equipment.
The BMW F700GS and F800GS receive new two-tone color schemes and visual refinements. Mechanically the bikes retain their 4-valve parallel twin powerplants, producing 75 and 85 HP respectively. Here's an overview of highlights for the new F 700 GS and F 800 GS in 2016:
New "emotional" design with electroplated elements.
- New F 700 GS paint finish and style variants:
- Light white non-metallic, Sakhir orange metallic, Mineral grey metallic.
- New F 800 GS paint finish and style variants:
- Light white non-metallic, Black storm metallic, Racing blue metallic matt.
- Five possible seat heights for each model with four seats and optional lowered suspension (ex works option).